- Object Number: 1999.4
- Object Name: sculpture
- Title: Hands
- Measurement: 31 x 8 x 7.5 cms (height x width x depth)
- Brief Description: Sculpture of two hands entwined.
- Physical Description: A sculpture of two hands with three doves engraved onto them. One hand is wrapped around the wrist of the other, which points straight upwards with the fingers touching together. Between the thumb and fingers of the lower hand, one dove leans down into a nest filled with eggs. Above this, another dove is perched on a leafy branch, and a third dove is flying away at the top of the piece. The sculpture has been photographed against a black background.
- Creator Name: Vasconcellos, Josefina de
- Production Date: 1998
- Production Period:
- Materials: plaster
- copyright of digital image: The Peace Museum
- Rights Date: 1999
Ask us a question about this object.